August 29, 2018 – We’re approaching a new month, so that means that new movies are about to be added to Netflix’s library. Here are New Hire WillMeyer’s picks for September.
- Groundhog Day (September 1st). Bill Murray stars in the greatest holiday movie ever made. Not only is it ridiculously romantic and witty–it’s also a poignant and moving redemption story.
- Black Panther (September 4th). The first standalone superhero movie is also the highest grossing movie of the year, and for good reason. Vibrant costumes, electrifying music, complex themes, and strong performances make this Marvel entry a cut above the rest.
- Lilo & Stitch (September 1st). This hand-drawn animation feature about a young Hawaiian girl and her alien friend may not have set the box-office on fire upon its 2002 release, but if you give this one another look, you’ll discover a fish-out-of-water story that’ll charm you and tug at your heart strings.
- The Breakfast Club (September 1st). Because we’re all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that’s all.
- The Witch (September 17th). A brilliant and terrifying movie about paranoia, fanaticism, and possession. It’s one of the most divisive movies in recent years, but whether you love it or hate it, you won’t be able to shake it any time soon.
- Unforgiven (September 1st). Clint Eastwood reinvented the western with this dark & brutal tale of regeneration through violence. One of the rare Oscar Best Picture winners that actually deserved it.